Rules of the programme
Rules of the 300 Squats Programme are simple:
- Do the test. The results of the test will help you choose a training cycle suitable for your fitness level.
- Choose a training cycle based on your test results. For example, if you've done 27 squats, you start our programme with the 21-40 cycle. If you've done 43, you start with 41-60 cycle, and so on.
- Carry on with the training using the instructions for the given cycle. Remember to rest between training sessions for at least 1 day , and after 3 sessions, for at least 2 days. Muscles don't like being overworked, and if you push yourself too hard, your strength will start to decrease instead of increasing. Some people will notice that longer rests between training days will give them even better results. Remember, also, that if you're older, you will need more time to recuperate.
- If during a cycle you weren't able to do all the sets of squats for a given day, don't worry. Rest for 2 or 3 days and then try again. Every time you do that, your strength and fitness level will increase, and eventually, you will complete the “day” and move on to the next.
- After finishing a cycle, rest for at least 2 days before you do another test.
- After a few days of rest, do the test. Remember to warm up before the test and to rest for at least 2 days afterwards. The test will tell you which cycle to do next. It's not worth cheating during the test. It's better to repeat a cycle than to start the next one if you aren't ready yet.
- After a 2-day break, start your next training cycle.
- Follow the above instructions until you reach the last cycle. When you reach the last cycle, you will be in a very good shape and you will be able to attempt 300 squats.
- After finishing the last training cycle, take a break, relax for a couple of days, and then do the test again. This time, there's a big chance that you will reach 300 squats. If not, don't worry. Do the last cycle again, and repeat again. With every repetition of the cycle, your strength and endurance will increase, and finally you will do it - you will do 300 squats.